What is so_5_extra?
so_5_extra is a header-only and C++14 library with additional tools and extensions for SObjectizer.
What does so_5_extra contain?
At this moment so_5_extra contains an implementation of environment infrastructure on top of Asio, additional mbox types, implementation of shutdowner mechanism... But we have big plans for future versions of so_5_extra.
If you want to see something in so_5_extra you can tell us about it via firstname.lastname@example.org.
SObjectizer is already existed, why is so_5_extra?
There are several reasons for development of so_5_extra as a separate library:
- we want to keep SObjectizer as a small project without big external dependencies. But we can use such heavy dependency as Asio for so_5_extra;
- SObjectizer contains features which are necessary for many users. But so_5_extra can contain features which can be required by a few users;
- a new feature can be added to SObjectizer only if it is proved that this feature is useful. But so_5_extra can be seen as a testing field for new ideas. If something from so_5_extra will be valuated as helpful and widely used it can be moved into SObjectizer with time;
- so_5_extra is a commercial project so it uses dual-license. But SObjectizer was and will be distributed under more permissive BSD-license.
What license does so_5_extra use?
so_5_extra uses dual-license:
- GNU Affero GPL v.3 for free use in OpenSource projects;
- a commercial license for use in closed source proprietary projects. It costs $80 for one developer per year.
Contact us at email@example.com for any questions related to so_5_extra licenses.
How to get so_5_extra?
so_5_extra is hosted on SourceForge at the same place as SObjectizer. Source code archives are available on SourceForge. so_5_extra also has a Wiki with lots of helpful information. And of course there is a main source code repository.